.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Advice Requested

I am asking my blog readers for help. I have been dealing with a situation for over a year now, and have not yet managed to resolve it. Here is the story: I have a reader who began writing to me innocuously. His enthusiasm and feedback for my blog and writing was interesting and thought-provoking. I welcomed his correspondence and comments, as they led to interesting discussion. But then, things got personal. Feelings were apparently hurt when this reader's advances were not accepted. The reader started leaving angry, hurtful and inappropriate comments on my blog. I politely asked the reader to stop, several times, and it did not happen. Now, a year later, all comments left by this person are deleted, so no one out there reading would know what is going on. But I am tired of it, tired of playing a game where there is no winner. Even though this person has shrouded his true identity in a cloak of anonymity, I have managed to discover his full name, phone number, address, place of business and other personal details. He has been warned once again to leave me alone but to no avail. The harrassment has continued. So, here is where I am soliciting advice from my readers - what do you think I should do? Should I continue deleting his comments in silent protest? Should I reveal his true identity to the blogosphere, and ask my blog-friends to do so also, in perhaps discovering that I am not alone in this harrassment, or at least in hopes of deterring this person from doing the same thing to someone else? Any other suggestions? I hate trying to hurt someone, I hate striking back, or exacting revenge, but I am at my wit's end. It has gone on long enough. It is time for it to stop. What should I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home