.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Friday, January 07, 2005

Beautiful Movie

Last night, I got the pleasure of sharing one of my favorite movies with a friend of mine. He appreciated it so much that I thought I would share it with everyone else also.

October Sky is the true story of Homer Hickam, a NASA engineer who grew up in Coalwood, West Virginia. It is the story of following your dreams, your heroes and your heart. It is about not giving up, and of working hard for what you want. And it is the story of success and dreams coming true. It is about believing in yourself and others. I loved this movie from when I first saw it, and every time I have seen it since (several times), it has won me over again. There is just something so beautiful in the characters and I identify strongly with the relationships portrayed. This is not heart-pumping, action-filled, rolling on the floor laughing movie. But it touches you and moves you in a gentle way that I can't quite describe. The fact that it is a true story just moves me more. And after watching it, I just feel so grateful that Hickam shared it with everyone. Insert Blockbuster commercial music: Go rent it today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home