.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Monday, December 27, 2004

Behind the Scenes

So much goes on behind the scenes that I sometimes wonder if you ever get a full picture of any person. I spent the day yesterday speaking to several friends, all of whom I realized have a lot going on beneath the surface that many would never know about. Some people are going through really hard times, and dealing with extremely difficult situations on a daily basis. Most people, even those closest to them, would never know. I sometimes find that someone close to me is going through incredibly similar situations to those I am struggling with. It is comforting to know that I am not alone in my pain. I don't want others to go through the hard things I have to deal with, but it helps to know I am not the only one. And I think it helps them to know it also. Other people do such tremendous chesed without taking credit for it. They devote their lives, and their time, to supporting others. And they often do it anonymously, or behind the scenes, so as to protect the dignity of those they help. They often never receive a thanks, but they do it anyway, because they truly care about those around them. They are truly caring, devoted individuals and even if they don't see it, they do make a difference to others. I feel extremely fortunate to be privy to some of what goes on behind the scenes in these peoples' lives, whether it is good or bad, whether it is something that I can hopefully help with, or just admire from a distance. I hope my knowledge of these few people will help me keep in mind that when dealing with others, you never know what is going on behind the scenes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home