.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Happiness

I just read this article from Aish.com about Happiness. Go on, click on the link and read the article, it really is a beautiful, inspiring piece. After reading articles like that, I usually feel two things - awe and thankfulness. I am in such awe of those who struggle with so much and manage to keep a positive perspective on life. I see so many people who have so many challenges thrown their way, yet they always thank Hashem for the many blessings they have. I think a lot of people would be better off if they were able to keep such an uplifting perspective, I see many who complain (loudly) about dealing with a lot less than those mentioned in the article. But I understand that everyone has their own challenges to face and a good attitude does not come naturally to everyone. But I sure admire those who work so hard to keep their focus positive. The other thing I always feel is thankfulness. I have had challenges in my life, just like everyone. Some of them have been hard, but I really feel like I have not had to deal with anything so devastating that would cause a person to break. And I am so thankful for that. I know that Hashem gives me the strength and resources to deal with whatever I am thrown, but I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am glad that He decided not to give me (until this point, anyway) whatever it takes to overcome the incredible obstacles in life. So I am definitely thankful for everything I have been given and not given. I was inspired reading the article above, I hope you are also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home