.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Monday, September 13, 2004

Reflection on a Year

In reflecting back on the past year, I know I have changed a lot. Hopefully for the better. I am definitely a different person than I was a year ago. I have gone through a year of school, which has not been easy, but has definitely been incredibly rewarding and illuminating, both of myself and the topics I have studied.

I have met so many new people this past year, and many of them have impacted me in such a huge way, to the point where I can't even imagine my life, and who I would be at this point, without them. I have moved away from some of the people who used to be in life. Some of this I regret, for some I know it is a good thing.

I have opened my mind to new ideas, many of which have impacted how I see my place and role in this world.

I have overcome many obstacles this year, and when I think about the things I was struggling with a year ago, I see that my struggles are much different today than they were then. I have become much more confident and cognizant of my strengths...and my weaknesses. I have become aware that some of my strengths and weaknesses are the same things, just in different ways. I think I have gained tremendous perspective in the past year, of those around me and those far from me. When I reflect on the past twelve months, I can not believe how much has happened during such a short period of time. I look forward to another twelve months at the end of which I will hopefully be able to say the same thing once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home