.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Monday, September 26, 2005

Shoshana's Excellent Adventure

was rescheduled, due to unforeseen circumstances, also known as weather. But it was supposed to go something like this: My friend and I were psyched for a day of skydiving, but Hashem had apparently planned for us to go out to dinner instead. We rescheduled for two weeks from now, so on the Sunday between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, we will hopefully enjoy flying through the sky. Anyone want to join us? It was a full weekend, nonetheless. I went to selichos Saturday night/Sunday morning. We went to a shul I had heard wonderful things about, but hadn't yet set foot in. It really had a warm atmosphere about it. I think I could enjoy davening there, which would be nice, since I have had trouble for a long time finding a place I like. There weren't many people at selichos (which I actually really like), possibly because this shul had the latest starting time, but those who were there managed to set a spiritual atmosphere. I tried to really feel the words I was saying, tried to set myself up for the upcoming week before Rosh Hashanah. I was trying to think about what I did last year for selichos, and I honestly couldn't remember (but I know someone who probably does). It's amazing how much can happen in a year. Last year I was in Baltimore starting the last year of my Bachelor's program. This year I am in New Jersey, starting my Masters. But it's much more than that. I feel like a different person this year. I feel like my priorities have changed in many ways, and my experiences this year have caused me to grow, at least I hope. I have a lot of different people in my life this year, and I have been through some big struggles. And I am still struggling with a lot of things. But I guess I am glad to say that I am a different person than I was last year. Stagnancy is not what life is about. I do feel, at the very least, that this past year I have managed to focus on living life more fully, on nurturing those things inside me that make me a stronger, healthier and more complete person. I think I have done a lot of introspection this year to figure out what makes me tick. (Even though I still confuse myself in many ways.) Skydiving would have been a great adventure, and hopefully will be in a couple weeks. But one jump from a plane can't really compare to a whole year of really living life - the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly. So, I would like to say that my whole year was my excellent adventure. And I look forward to the start of a new one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home