.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday Stuff

Sorry for the lack of posts. I haven't been away for Chol Hamoed, I have just been bored and without a whole lot to say the last few days. I have part of a full post bouncing around in my head, but it's not ready to come out yet, so here are a few random thoughts du jour:

  • I found this incredible blog yesterday: Voices From Our Side of the Curtain It is written by women, but I don't think necessarily exclusively for women. The contributors are strong, passionate, intelligent Orthodox Jewish women who are proud of who they are and their stories are beautiful and heartbreaking to read. These are the honest, open stories of the women you know, but don't necessarily truly see. Check it out.
  • My roommate has been gone all week for Chol Hamoed. I usually enjoy having the apartment all to myself, since it is fairly rare, and I do really enjoy my alone time. But I realized when I got home yesterday to a third day of a completely empty, quiet apartment that I actually missed her, missed having someone there, and didn't feel completely comfortable being all by myself. Who would have ever expected it?
  • Why is it that my father can rattle off my brother's soccer team's record day by day, and tell me the details of every one of his games, yet he would be hard-pressed to tell you which school I have been attending for the past two years? I know it's partly my fault because I am the one who moved so far away, but it hurts. And I don't know how to tell him, because he doesn't deal well with that kind of stuff.
  • I am horrified by those who tell you not to question. I know that it can get annoying at times if it is constant questions with the specific purpose of being annoying, but I don't understand how an educator can, with a full conscience, tell a student not to ask questions. It limits whatever is being questioned as not being strong enough to handle being questioned and tells the questioner that there is no answer.
  • Finally, have a good Yom Tov these last few days of Pesach - and enjoy that first bit of chometz, whatever it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home