.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Day Off

Yea! I have a day off! Of course, I am going to spend it doing school work, big surprise. I have a paper that needs lots and lots of work that I will hopefully be very proud of when it is done and a extremely large amount of reading for next week. The authors who said that you learn everything you need to know in kindergarten obviously didn't go to college. Shakespeare has a lot of respect from me these days. My professor has been telling me since the beginning of the semester that the things we are reading are important because they are so relevant today, that human nature does not change, and the authors of our great literature had deep insight into how human minds work. I totally buy it now. While reading Othello, I thought it was so sad that everyone in the story misjudged everyone else, that no one had any idea what was going on in the other people's minds. No one in the play ever lied, but there was definitely some deceit going on. I now think it is amazing how little we really can see someone else. You can have an experience with a person, and have extremely similar feelings about that experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home