.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Friday, November 21, 2003

It's Friday

I am in a better mood today. I have decided that I don't need to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life yet. My new philosophy on school is that it is less important to finish and more important to learn about the things I am interested in. So I am going to take some classes that I just think I will enjoy even if it means that it will be a longer road towards getting my degree. It's already been eight years, what difference does an extra one make? I hate my job, but I am going to make the best of it until I can practically do something else. If it means that I spend a lot of time at work doing homework or whatever, oh well. I would rather be happy and not worry about it than be miserable. Is ignorance bliss? That is my new question to ponder. Would I be happier without the information that I am gaining? I am writing a paper which kind of revolves around this topic. I think the answer is that ultimately, we are better off with knowledge, that our world is more clear and we gain a lot more from it. Though ignorance might be easier in a lot of ways, we benefit and can benefit others, through knowledge. I don't think I can ethically allow myself to bury my head in the sand, even if I think it would help me sleep at night. My plans for the weekend are extremely nebulous at this point, though grocery shopping would certainly be a good start. It is amazing how creative you can be when the only things you have in your kitchen are a potato, onion, eggs, cheese, tomato sauce and puff pastry. That was my equation for figuring out dinner last night. And it actually turned out pretty good. Go me! Have a good Shabbos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home