.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Gifts

There is some kind of weird aura around me that apparently inspires people to give me things. I am not really sure what it is about me that makes people decide randomly to add to my collection of belongings. I am the kind of person who is not so comfortable being given things by people that I don't know that well, or even people that I do know well. I feel like I do fairly well for myself, and if I need something, Thank G-d, I can usually buy it for myself or else I decide that I don't really need it. My parents are always wanting to buy me stuff, dates that I go on give or buy me stuff. My professor has now decided to give me books. Maybe it is because I am not the type to ask for things from others on a regular basis. I don't know. Other people I talk to can not relate to this, everyone seems to think it is kind of weird. But I go through life, and people give me clothes, CDs, flowers, books, knick knacks, candles, etc. I am not complaining, on the contrary I am flattered that someone would think enough about me to want to give me something. I only hope that they are not doing it out of my seeming to need things or value objects. I don't think that is the case. I would love to know if there is anyone out there who has this same experience. I hope I am not completely unique in this. Anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home