.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Giving Thanks

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Because I won't have the opportunity to spend the holiday with my family, I have been trying to convince myself that it is nothing more than a few days off for me. But the truth is, I have a lot to be thankful for and I thought I would enumerate some of those things here. 1. I have a roof over my head, plenty of food to eat and clothes to wear. I know these sound basic, but I know that there are plenty of people out there who don't have these things. 2. I have family and friends who truly do care about me. While I may not see or speak to these people as often as I would like, I know that they are there for me and it makes a huge difference knowing that I have them to back me up. 3. I have my health. Thank G-d, I really am incredibly healthy. Every time I have a cold, and think that I can no longer function, I need to remind myself that I have to deal with so much less than so many others. 4. I have my mind. Hashem has given me a good brain, and being in school this year has made me realize how lucky I am that it works so well and I am able to use it to easily. 5. I have the capacity to care about others and do chesed. It helps mold me into a better person day by day. These are only a few of the many, many things that I am fortunate enough to have in my life. I hope everyone can be so lucky as to be able to step back and count the numerous blessings that Hashem has given us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home