.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Friday, October 03, 2003

Shabbos Shuvah

This Shabbos is Shabbos Shuvah, the Shabbos between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. I have always found it to be a very introspective, spiritual Shabbos for me, where I am scrupulous about hilchos shabbos and try to keep myself focused on being the absolute best that I can be. I have had a hard time focusing on improving myself this week, because I have had so much else to focus on. I hope Hashem will decide that I have done enough. I want first to wish everyone a meaningful and inspiring Shabbos Shuvah, and easy Yom Kippur fast and a positive and growthful new year. I would secondly like to humbly ask the forgiveness of anyone who I have inadvertently or not so inadvertently offended or hurt in the past year. I gave an assignment to my chevrusa a few weeks ago to come up with one thing that she is going to work on in the coming year and five practical ways that she is going to do so. She gave it a lot of thought and found something she is going to work on. I didn't complete the assignment myself. So here goes: In the coming year, I am going to work on accepting the fact that I can't do everything on my own. I am going to work on this by: 1. Asking for help when I need it. 2. Talking to my rabbi and rebbetzin when I have a halachic or ethical matter I need guidance on. 3. Asking people I respect for advice when I need it. 4. Let go of things that I can not fit into my day and accept that it is okay for me to not be able to do everything. 5. Accept constructive criticism as that, not as a personal insult. I will keep you posted on my progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home