.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Thursday, September 25, 2003

Rosh Hashanah

Rosh Hashanah starts tomorrow night. For inspiration and things to think about during the holidays, I suggest Aish.com or Project Genesis. I truly hope that this new year brings everyone much simcha and nachas. Rosh Hashanah, while making me focus on the New Year, also causes me to reflect on the previous year and what I have learned from it. I think the biggest lesson that I have been beaten over the head with this past year is that I can't do it all alone. I have had to learn that it is okay to ask for help and depend on others at times. As someone who is independent to the point of it being a fault, I have had quite a few circumstances happen to me in the past year that have forced me to ask others for help and support. This past week, being without power (and it still hasn't been restored, by the way), I have had to rely on my friends for showers, laundry, computer access and escape from my apartment. And you know what? It didn't kill me. I had to admit that I couldn't do everything on my own this week, and it has brought me closer to my friends and shown me that it is okay to ask for help in times of need. I think I will always want to be able to do things on my own. But I think the lesson that I can't has been an important step in my growth process. I wish everyone a sweet and happy New Year. Shana Tova Tikateivu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home