.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Ten Days of Teshuvah

During the ten days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, we are supposed to do everything we can to improve ourselves and be the absolute best we can be, even if we know it won't last after the ten days. People take on cholov yisroel, pas yisroel, extra davening, etc. What have I taken on for these ten days? Not much, I am sorry to say. I am trying to be the best person I can be, not speak loshon hara, not provoke anyone, I am trying my best to curb my sarcasm (something I have a lot of trouble with). But as far as taking anything on, I am having trouble finding something that I feel I can manage. Last year I read the whole book of Tehillim during the Ten Days. This year I feel like I am doing well if I can manage to daven everything during shacharis (which is more than I usually do, at least it is something). Does this mean I am in for a bad year? I really hope not. Please Hashem, have mercy on me for this new year. As far as Rosh Hashanah goes, mine was nice but filled with stress. I hope this isn't an indication of what the year will be like. My tefillah was good, even heard and remembered a very good speech by the rabbi (which I really should blog about). Sorry I don't have more to say during what is supposed to be an awe-inspired time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home