.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Random Stuff

Haven't done a post like this in a while, but I have lots of little things to say, and not enough focus to write a whole coherent post. I am really stressed about the next few weeks of school, I have several huge things due, and I am hoping I manage to get them all done. I am drastically reducing my sleep and leisure time in order to work on it all. Anyway, here goes my random thoughts: - E-kvetcher from Search for Emes tagged me with the Megillah Meme. Since Purim was a week ago and I am currently running on present-time only, I can't do a play-by-play of my thoughts during megillah anymore, but I will say that I always have the feeling that the megillah is a little too long, I am always fascinated at the end that it says that most (not all) of the people liked Mordechai, and the guy reading for us in the morning used different voices to play the different parts, so that was fun. Sorry for the poor fulfillment of that meme. I won't tag anyone, because I am so far behind in the game. - I really love my great-aunt. She was in town (well, she was in Brooklyn, but that's closer than normal) this past weekend and I got the chance to sit and talk to her for quite a while. She is one of the most caring, kind people I know. She thinks outside the box and is really an inspiration to me. She's always taken some extra time with me to have a good relationship, and it means a lot. I wish she lived closer, but it was so nice to have some one-on-one time with her. - It's nice to get excited and happy about little things. Yesterday at work, one of our technicians was pruning a plant that sits behind me and he gave me some of the clipped parts so I can grow it into a plant of my own. I am really excited about it. I hope I don't manage to kill it like I have most of the other plants in my past. - I have been feeling a bit frustrated lately because I feel like people don't "get" me. They don't understand my need to gain enjoyment from little things, to be a kid at heart, to not take life so seriously at times. But then I was reminded of my close who really do get me, and it made me feel a bit better. And I was talking to a friend on Shabbos and she made a comment that I thought was so funny and accurate it just made me like her so much more. - Viktor Frankl is my new hero. I finished reading "Man's Search for Meaning" and I was absolutely blown away by his character and perspective on the events of his life. Additionally, the fact that he took such an incredibly horrendous experience and generated so much good in helping others from the lessons of his experiences is absolutely remarkable. I have a feeling that the book is going to be one that I will read over and over, especially in light of the helping I want to do for others. It was incredibly insightful and inspiring to read. - I am headed to Baltimore for the weekend and I am really excited. A number of my friends are converging upon the city for a impromptu reunion. I can't wait! Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home