.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Love

One of the most special people I know got engaged last night. At first I had a hard time wrapping my mind around it, because she's young and while I knew it was coming, I didn't know it was coming so soon. I was just a little shocked, but not shocked at the same time. I guess I also had a hard time because I haven't met the guy. And I want to make sure that he is special enough for such a wonderful person. The idea that someone I care about so much is planning on spending the rest of her life with a guy I haven't ever met is just really weird. But the more I thought about it, the more I was just so sad that I wasn't there to wish her mazel tov in person, to give her such a huge hug. I realized how much I really love her. It made me want to cry that I wasn't there celebrating with her. She comes from a wonderful family. When I first moved to Baltimore they welcomed me into their home and their family. They had me for every holiday and treated me like family. Through good times and bad, they were there, supporting me, encouraging me and taking care of me. Through their difficult times, they still managed to keep their doors open, never keeping me out. And this member of the family is just so special. She has always gone above and beyond in the caring department, devoting an incredible amount of her time and energy to helping others. She always has a wonderful warm smile and one of the biggest hearts ever extended. I don't use the word love lightly. It is something that is hard for me to express, because I don't like using it indiscriminately, making it common. It's something I feel deeply and when I do love, it lasts. I realized last night and this morning, when I couldn't be there to hug my special "sister," couldn't share in such a happy moment, that I really love her. So much. I wish her so much happiness with her chosson. I can't wait until the moment when I do get to wish her mazel tov in person and give her one of the biggest hugs I've ever given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home