.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Perspective

I was talking to a co-worker of mine earlier. She had traveled across country to meet her boyfriend, who subsequently broke up with her. She was understandably disappointed and sad, but I was really impressed with her. She was telling me about a man she sat next to on her flight home. He is in the military, and has been in Iraq, and will probably have to return there soon. My co-worker listened to his story, and realized how this man was putting his life in danger, with no way of knowing what will happen. And he was fine with that, he accepts that as part of what he is meant to do. To my co-worker, this showed that life could be so much more difficult than just dealing with a break-up. Yes, it is hard when you lose out on the potential that you were hoping would be realized, but life could so much more difficult. It made her, and me, count our blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home