.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I miss George!

When I first moved to Baltimore, my maintenance man was George. We loved George. He was extremely nice and effecient and he even cleaned up after himself. Then the apartment complex decided that George needed to work on the other side of the complex and the powers that be took George away from us (I still haven't gotten over it - can you tell?). Since George was stolen away, we have received a new maintenance man. He is okay, but not as quick, or friendly, or effective as George was. But he generally does fix what we need fixing without too much of a problem. Yesterday, I called maintenance and asked them if they could fix my showerhead, which was spraying water up onto the ceiling rather into the shower where it should have been going. No problem, they would fix it. After work, I actually stopped at the gym and worked out for the first time in ages. When I got home, all I wanted was to get clean in my newly fixed shower. I get to my bedroom door, which is what lies between me and my refreshing shower (my bathroom is inside my bedroom), and it is locked. This is odd, because in the two years since I moved to Baltimore, I have never once locked my bedroom door. Since it is after hours, I call the maintenance emergency line. After waiting on hold for five minutes, they inform me that they charge $25 for lock-outs. I patiently explain to them that I will not be paying a maintenance man to let me into the room that he locked me out of. They tell me they will see what they can do. While waiting for them to call me back. I come to the realization that I do in fact own a screwdriver and am perfectly capable of taking the doorknob off all by myself. Which is what I do. And I put it back on without breaking it. Who needs maintenance anyway? Maybe I should become a maintenance man! Anyway, moral of the story is, I still miss George, who would never have locked me out of my room to begin with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home