.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Update

Not totally back yet but... I have decided that I really like being able to eat whatever (kosher) food I want to. I really miss my music already - talk radio is no substitute. Thank G-d, my grandmother is doing much better, she is home from the hospital. My mother reports that the hardest part now is keeping her from doing too much. I read King Lear over Yom Tov - I couldn't believe how horrible his daughters were to him. And then I was talking to my father this morning, and as usual, he managed to completely frustrate me. Kibud Av V'Im has got to be one of the toughest commandments. I still don't think I was anywhere near as awful as King Lear's daughters though. And after all that, every Yom Tov what I end up realizing is that I really miss my family and really want to have a family of my own. I appreciate so much the families who open their homes to me, but seeing all those families together for the holidays has got to be one of the hardest parts of being a baal teshuvah. I guess it's time to visit Alabama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home