.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Wedding

Tuesday night was the wedding of one of the most special people I know. After missing her engagement, there was absolutely no way in the world I would miss her wedding. I drove down to Baltimore on Tuesday with an hour to spare before the festivities started, and came back up to New Jersey yesterday bright and early. I would have liked to have spent more quality time with everyone, but school calls. The only complaint I had about the wedding was that I just didn't have enough time to see everyone. I hadn't been down to Baltimore in quite some time, so I wish I could have stayed for a few days to really get the chance to visit around and see everyone. The great thing about the wedding is that a lot of the people I love were there for me to see. Seeing everyone made me really, really miss Baltimore. I made a pact to come back during July for a whole weekend so I can really catch up. I got to dance with my favorite almost five-year old, who greeted me with a huge hug when he saw me. I caught up with some of the wonderful families who used to have me for Shabbos. I saw the niece of a friend, the sister of friends, cousins, parents and a jumble of others who I had a blast catching up with. And the family of the bride - as always, they made me feel like part of their family. Having been around for a few years now, I have met much of the extended family as well. I was greeted with huge hugs and kisses and made to feel like an honored guest. I was invited by each family member separately for the "family" brunch the next day, but unfortunately I had to leave too early. And the kallah, who I love as much as if she was my own sister. She was beautiful, of course. I had tears in my eyes from the bedecken through the chuppah and then again when I had to leave, because I just love her so much. Since the first time I met her, the incredible chesed and caring of her huge heart has just shone through. I danced up a storm with her and couldn't stop smiling watching her be so happy. I'm sure the dresses and flowers and chuppah and food was all beautiful as well, but I can't say that I noticed that much. What I did notice was the warmth and love in that room, how there were so many people there who love that amazing family. I wish them simcha after simcha and hope to share in their happiness as I have done for the past four years. I'm very fortunate to have such special people in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home