.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

You Live, You Learn

I woke up this morning with the lyrics to Alanis Morissette's "You Live, You Learn" stuck in my head: You live you learn You love you learn You cry you learn You lose you learn You bleed you learn You scream you learn You grieve you learn You choke you learn You laugh you learn You choose you learn You pray you learn You ask you learn You live you learn It was a weekend of all of these, I think. I've laughed and cried, hoped and despaired, prayed and questioned. And I came out of it trusting myself a little more - because, as Alanis says, you live and you learn. And I found out that my gut has a reason for what it says, and I should trust my instincts. Even though sometimes I don't want to, because going with my gut doesn't deliver the results I was hoping for. I guess if you grow and learn from your experiences, they can't be wasted. You can't regret them. I like to think that Hashem gives me each experience for a reason, for a lesson, for me to learn. And I hope I manage to understand the lesson in those experiences, rather than reliving my mistakes over and over. But maybe I've been doing that anyway. Maybe I need to trust myself a little more. I guess the question lingering for me is how do we know when we see ourselves? In talking with others, I see so many who really are blind to who they are, and what they are doing to themselves. Which makes me wonder if I am doing the same thing. And the answer is, while I would like to think that I'm not, I probably am, at least in some ways. But if I don't see what I'm doing, how can I correct it? I guess the answer is to try to live and learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home