.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Blogging From Israel

Ok, so I know people do it all the time, but I don't. I'm sitting here in my friend's apartment in Yerushalayim, the street lined with beautiful menorahs. There's a special quality to the air here that is nowhere else. The weather cleared up for me and has been beautiful - very warm and sunny, quite unlike typical winter weather. I needed a break from the cold, so I am hoping it will last. We had a cozy Shabbos at my friend's place, the only time I left the apartment was to go for a nice walk through a park near here. Really beautiful. After Shabbos, my friend and I headed out for the Old City. She lives a good distance away, but one of our pastimes used to be taking walks together so we revisited our old tradition and walked from her apartment all the way to the Kotel. It was weird walking through the city, because some of it was so familiar, but so much of it wasn't anymore. I guess I need to come here a lot more often. The Kotel is the single most spiritual place I have ever visited in my life. I have never been able to go there without crying many tears to Hashem, because I just feel his presence there like no other place in the world. So being there tonight gave me the opportunity to let it all out, to cry to Hashem, to beg for clarity and peace of mind. And in many ways, I was granted what I need. I left with a feeling of understanding about some of the things going on in my life. Which I needed desperately. So, that's my trip diary so far. Stay tuned for my continuing adventures in the Holy Land!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home