.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Thursday, November 18, 2004

God's Presence

I am doing a project for one of my classes about the relationship between religion or spirituality in one's life and the satisfaction that one feels with his life. I was interviewing a classmate yesterday and she told me that having a belief in God absolutely lessens stress in her life. Why? Because even when she is alone, she is not really alone. Then she said something that really hit me. She said, "I am not scared to walk alone at night, because I know that I am not really alone, there is always someone with me." Wow.

This is from a woman who goes to church a couple times a year and doesn't affiliate with any specific religion. It goes to show you that spirituality doesn't necessarily come in a pre-specified package.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home