.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Friday, November 12, 2004

Coincidence? I'm not sure.

I have been thinking a lot about coincidence lately. Does everything have a reason for happening? Or are there things that happen that just happen and there is nothing deeper about them? I am not sure about it. I want to believe that everything happens for a reason, that there is a grand scheme to things, that every contact I make, has a greater purpose and spiritual karma for having happened. But then there are things that happen that I am just not sure have a reason. People that come into my life and I have no idea why they did. It doesn't mean that they didn't impact me, but I can't even determine whether their impact was good or bad, or what I was supposed to learn from them. Maybe it is because I can't see the bigger picture. I have no idea what strings are being pulled to cause the events that happen. Weird coincidences occur, and I don't know why. But maybe someone does. I hope so. But when people tell me that everything happens for a reason, that things that happen are signals or signposts telling you to act, I have to wonder. Maybe I have just had too many times where I thought something was supposed to happen and it didn't, so now I am jaded. Which I hate. For the moment I am skeptical, but who knows? Maybe some seemingly coincidental act will bear sweet fruit and teach me that there is no such thing as coincidence. I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home