.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Dating Stinks

I haven't been reading much the last few days for a list of reasons, but my life has been surrounded by discussions of dating, so I figured I would talk about that. For once, it is not my dating life that has been the topic of discussion, but the dating life of my friends. It amazes me how so many people, men and women, seem to hate shidduch dating, and yet, we all buy into it, keep going through it, and nothing seems to change. Girls and guys both have various forms of the same complaints, yet we keep doing to each other what we hate. No one seems to learn from their mistakes. A lot of lip service is spoken, but what is really felt is not. Expectations go up, get squashed. People are rejected quickly and dismissively. Dishonesty seems to be the policy. If you are not a good little cookie cutter, it makes it worse. I am not going to act like I am better than anyone else. I haven't made any radical changes in the dating system. I get asked advice from my friends, I try to be honest with them, but I don't want to be mean, so I let them continue to get excited even when I have a feeling the situation is not as rose-colored as they think it is. And life goes on. And dating goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home