.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Blah, Blah, Blah

Not too much to blog about today. I had a chevrusa last night with a friend. She is working with me on my Biblical Hebrew. As someone who has never been overly interested or particularly talented in languages, I am actually having fun and feel like I am making progress. We are going through the Chumash and she is helping me translate as we go, and then we sometimes break out to talk about some of the interesting themes (we could spend the whole night on that!) in the pasuk. Today is a blah day. I have very little to do at work, which always drives me crazy. I feel like I might be coming down with a cold. I would like to be curled up in bed, reading The Odyssey. And my wallet is very depressed at the moment (that's what I get for balancing my checkbook). Why is a college education such an incredibly expensive endeavor? And why can't professors use books for courses that can be bought used? But on the bright side, the week is half over, tomorrow is my visit to St. John's, and it is sunny out, even if it is insanely cold (today is the kind of day I don't mind being inside). And I shared some of my thoughts about Socrates with my professor and he told me that I am "just amazing" and "um, not the average undergrad at UB." Well, at least someone is impressed with me. I am almost done with Brave New World, I am hoping to finish it tonight, so I should have a lot of thoughts about it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home