Lessons from Moving
I'm all moved in to my new place. It was a stressful ordeal, from beginning to end. And I still have a lot of work to do, but it's really the good kind of work - organizing and getting everything all pretty in my new place.
Throughout this whole situation, I've learned some things about myself and about others. Since I don't have anything to write about at the moment, I figured I would share.
About myself -
- It's ok to ask for help. It takes a lot to get me to that point, but when I do, the world does not come crashing down nor do I lose my strengths. There are just some things that I can't handle all by myself.
- I'll persevere.
- The little things really do mean a lot to me. The small things that people have done for me have meant a lot.
- When I am a good friend to someone, they are often a good friend in return.
- When in stress, it's good to get away from it and enjoy times that are completely unrelated to the situation. It gives me energy to get through more.
- I suck at packing ;)
About Others -
- People help in the ways they can. This may not always be the way that I need help. But they do what they can to the best of their ability.
- Some people really come through in times of need. They go out of their way, at their inconvenience, to do what they can to help.
- Some people really only care about themselves.
- Often, those you wouldn't have expected to be there, are. These people are sometimes those you don't even know that well.
- Some people are really thoughtful and their shows of concern are very special.
- Some people are really good at packing.
About Life -
- A situation like this is not the end of the world. It will pass, though it is genuinely stressful.
- You have to have perspective.
- Hang on tight to those people who are really there for you - they are worth having in your life and working to keep in your life.
All in all, I don't want to do this again. People keep telling me that I'll be able to look back and see that it is all for the best - I have to admit that I'm not sure, that I have my doubts. But I got through, and I found some real friends and some qualities in people that I hadn't before seen. I'll take what I can from the experience.