.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Monday, October 31, 2005

Binge Give

On my walk to work this morning, I came across another inspiring sign. It said "Binge Give". It was an advertisment for some bank, so I am not positive what their point was, but I thought that those two words held incredible power. I thought about those words - Binge Give. What if everyone did just that? If each person made efforts to go around giving in every way they could. I thought about my relationships, and how they really are based on giving. My friends give to me when I need it; I give to them when they need it. Sometimes it is about giving material things, sometimes it is about emotional support. Sometimes just being there, even when you don't know what to say, can be a way of giving to a friend. I like to think I am good at giving. But when I look at the words - Binge Give - I feel like I fall flat. There are so many opportunities to give that I pass up. That I could chase after. Then I think about the little acts of giving - of giving a smile, a compliment and kind word. Of the maintenance man in the bus station who, when I walk by every single day, gives me a big smile and wishes me a good day. What a gift right there. I have no idea what the man's name is, but I would honestly be concerned if he wasn't there one morning. Binge Give - it doesn't even take that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home