.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Don't Diss Alabama

When I tell people that I went to an excellent high school that gave me an incredible education, they often question what kind of education I could have received in Alabama. Well, Newsweek agrees with me. My high school was just named the #1 public high school in America. Granted, this ranking is based purely on students taking a high number of college-preparatory classes. But if you read the article, you will see at the end that is also discusses the dedication of the teachers, the exploratory nature of the learning and the committment of the students to actually increase their knowledge. So for all those people who question if anything is taught in Alabama besides how to cow-tip, my high school stands as a shining example for what you can teach in public school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home