.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

My Newest Friend

Due to technical difficulties, I wasn't able to upload pictures of my newest friend to share with everyone. But he looks something like this:

(though of course, my newest friend is much more beautiful) One of my friends had a baby boy on Monday, and yesterday I was privileged to go visit mommy and baby. He doesn't have a name yet, but already, I could tell that we are cosmically connected. I am not one to go completely gaga over babies, and to be honest, a lot of the time newborns just aren't that cute, but this one is absolutely beautiful and sweet. He slept in my arms for over half an hour until he got hungry, at which time his mother took over. It always blows me away what an incredible miracle it is for a baby to be born. Just a few days ago my friend was carrying this perfect, tiny person inside of her, and now he is breathing, crying and stretching all on his own. I don't know how people can look at a baby, understand what happens in order for it to be born, and be able to deny that there is a God. It just absolutely does not seem logical that this whole incredibly intricate process evolved on its own, by chance. One day, when I am ready, I hope to be able to take part in this miracle. Even though it is one of the most common occurrences on earth, it is also one of the very coolest. And we shouldn't take that for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home