.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Friday, February 11, 2005

Nana

Last night, I was planning a quiet evening at home, resting. I was a bit under the weather so I thought I would spend some quality time on the couch, snuggled up with a good book and my cat. Then my roommate called, and asked if I would go with her to Silver Spring. Normally, I wouldn't be tempted. I wasn't feeling well, it was cold outside, I didn't see any reason to get off the couch. But then she mentioned who we would be visiting. Nana. The cutest, sweetest grandmother ever, who my roommate happens to be lucky enough to be related to. Nana is so cute. She radiates kindness and sweetness. Her presence is so comforting and warm. There is absolutely no way you could possibly not like Nana. As we were sitting at dinner, my roommate was telling Nana how much she loved her, that Nana was at the top of the favorite list, all the time. Nana's eyes welled up, and she told us that sometimes she just feels like she is the luckiest person in the world. What a refreshing break from all the complaining that so many of us do, that I had been doing earlier that evening. It was wonderful to have a Nana evening. I think everyone needs one once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home