.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Monday, January 31, 2005

Stubborn People

Stubborn people are so annoying. I can say this because I will freely admit that I am incredibly stubborn. And I know it is really annoying to those who know me best, because they are usually the ones that I am the most stubborn with. A friend of mine used to get so frustrated with me because after months of her making a suggestion to me that I would ignore, I would suddenly come up with a "brilliant idea" of my own. She would groan at me and say, "I have been telling you that for months!" The truth is, I just don't like being told what to do. I would much rather think that I know best for myself, and don't need the suggestions of others to figure out how to lead my life. I know this is ridiculous and probably keeps me from being the best I can be, but let's face it, I'm stubborn. This weekend, I got a dose of my own medicine, and it made me realize how insufferable I can be. A friend of mine was sitting there telling me how he realized something that he needs to work on. Guess what? I have been telling him the same thing for months! How annoying is that? I guess you could say that it is not fair for me to get annoyed at my friend for something that I am guilty of all the time. But why didn't he just listen to me months ago? Oh, is that what everyone says about me? I have known for a long time that my stubbornness is something that I need to work on, but I don't think I could have had it smack me in the face quite as well if I had orchestrated it myself (and I am sure I would have preferred it that way). So, I am now officially working on being less stubborn, and consequently, hopefully much less obnoxious to those around me. (Just don't tell me what to do.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home