.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Weird Meme

Sarah tagged me with the weird meme, where instead of just being weird, I have to delineate the actual reasons for my weirdness, which is surprisingly challenging.

1) My first idiosyncracy is that I am completely unable to follow directions (which is why there are none at the top of this meme). Once in a while I even attempt to follow them, but I usually faily miserably, so most of the time I don't even try. The good news is, while I do things in my own order and my own way, usually, they turn out (I did say usually). This applies to getting places, following recipes and putting things together. Oh, and it also applies to math - my algebra, geometry and calculus teachers were always amazed at how I managed to get the right answers doing problems the "wrong" way. But hey, if I got the right answers, it couldn't have been that wrong, right?

2) I don't like milk, avocadoes or tomatoes. I'll have a little milk in my coffee, will eat tomato sauce and some other tomato-derived products, but will not drink a glass of milk, eat anything with avocadoes in it or eat raw tomatoes.

3) I work for a land- and plant-scaping company and I am completely incapable of keeping a plant alive. Nor have I learned very much about plants since working here. I have no idea what the names of the majority of the plants hanging around my office are, nor how to take care of them. I do know when they look dead though.

4) I can't keep fingernail polish on my fingers for more than three days at a time. Professional manicure or do-it-myself, once it starts chipping (and it always does quickly) I have to take it off. But it does afford me oft-changing colors and fun variety of colors with my nails (and of course, I like to add in glitter and sparkles for fun also).

5) I bake really yummy treats (without following recipes) but I am not a very good cook. My friends are constantly telling me I should start a business with my baked goods, but give me some chicken and it's going to turn out bland. Yuck. Don't bother.

6) I have a fascination with the sky. I seriously considered being an astronaut at one point. When asked recently what animal I would be, I chose a bird because I want to be able to fly. I have been skydiving. And one of my favorite things in my apartment is the glow in the dark stars on my ceiling that light up when I turn the lights out. When I see them glowing, I get so happy. I would absolutely love to be able to explore the solar system and go up in outer space.

Ok, that's my six. I hate tagging people, just like I hate forwarding e-mails (and I'm not sure who's already been tagged), so if you would like to consider yourself tagged, please do.

9 Comments:

  • lol thanks for playing :)

    i'm with you on the nail polish thing... the last manicure i had i managed to keep for four days but then one little corner chipped so i had to take the rest of the colour off.

    By Blogger Sarah Likes Green, at 12/26/06, 6:44 PM  

  • There is a bright future awaiting you at the company you are working at.
    They do the scaping and planting and you by your just being there to guide the customers with your "green fingers" make sure these must buy an everlasting amount of plants to make up for the dead ones.
    Where do we buy the shares?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/27/06, 8:18 AM  

  • You are truly missing out on some of G-d's greatest delights on this earth. The problem is that most people are not familiar with the details regarding avocados and tomatoes. They taste completely different based on which country they are grown and the time of season they are produced.

    For example, I can't stand avocados from Mexico or Chile but love Californian Avocados. Then there is a huge differential in the types of avocados, and tomatoes even more so.

    Try the REALLY GOOD STUFF, the ones that a connoisseur would choose and then make a judgment.

    There are few fruits or vegetables on the planet that can compete with a truly great avocado and tomato. Its such a pity to miss such delightful treats. ;-)

    By Blogger P L, at 12/28/06, 1:02 AM  

  • Sarah -
    I don't even spend money on manicures - why bother when I know it will just come off in a couple days - I just do it myself. The upside of it is that I get a new color every few days!

    JP -
    Thanks :) I sure how I nurture words better than I do plants!

    P-Life -
    Hmmm...not so sure...

    By Blogger Shoshana, at 12/28/06, 8:11 AM  

  • shoshana, i give you a brocha that someday you can afford to be a "space tourist." gut shabbos!

    By Blogger Maven, at 12/28/06, 8:38 PM  

  • I can't keep fingernail polish on my fingers for more than three days at a time.

    Me either. ;)

    By Blogger Jack Steiner, at 12/29/06, 2:35 AM  

  • I can help you with plants..
    I love gardening.!
    good job with the meme

    By Blogger David_on_the_Lake, at 12/29/06, 12:57 PM  

  • great meme
    You went SKYDIVING??????????
    WOW!
    What was the experience like?
    And ...boy you must be a daring kinda soul! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/1/07, 11:05 AM  

  • Maven -
    Thank you!

    Jack -
    Glad to know I'm not alone.

    David -
    Great - can't wait for spring!

    Only Way -
    It was AWESOME!

    By Blogger Shoshana, at 1/3/07, 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home