.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Isn't it pretty?

Sunday, February 05, 2006

I'm Back

I'm back from my break. I have to say, even though I really enjoy writing, and especially writing this blog, it was nice to take a breather from it. And I have decided that I am going to (most likely) begin blogging on a less frequent than daily basis. Hopefully, this will allow my posts to be of higher quality and give me more time to think them out before writing them. It was quite a busy week while I was gone. My roommate got married, I had school (which is going very well, though it promises to be quite time-consuming this semester), and I have been engaging in enough social activities to fill the rest of my time. And I got some things straight in my head that needed some working out internally rather than on my blog, which was good. My roommate's wedding was beautiful, in the sense that everyone there was just so happy for the two of them. They are both older, and it was just beautiful to see so many things. Her face was completely glowing at the prospect of being a new part of a wonderful, nurturing, caring, frum family. I had never seen him so comfortable, happy and glowing as on the night of their wedding. He seemed almost a different person after the chuppah, it was such an amazing transformation. The beautiful bracha that my roommate gave me moved me to tears. She has such an amazing way of really wishing for others happiness. I hope her bracha comes true, because she certainly has me pegged. I almost broke my blog silence in reference to the horror that was Amona this past week. The problem is, I still don't have words to describe the horror I felt at hearing the descriptions of the activities that pervailed there. It scares me so much that, not only do the Jews have so many foreign enemies, they must also worry about their fellow Jews who don't share their idealogical views. I know it's always an issue, but I have never been able to understand physical violence, and the thought of Israeli soldiers striking teenage protestors leaves me speechless. I can't fathom it, and don't want to. All I can say is that I hope Moshiach comes soon to straighten things out, because it hurts so much to see what is going on in Israel right now, and I don't know that there is a human solution. I've been bonding with a new friend. It's nice to find new people you connect with, and to widen your circle to a "kindred spirit" as one of my favorite literary characters, Anne of Green Gables, would say. It takes work and effort to establish these relationships, but it's certainly well worth it. The final thing I have learned in the last week is that it feels good to clarify things. It doesn't always solve problems and magically make things better, but it can help you move along the path, and even if you don't manage to completely make peace within yourself, it goes a long way towards making peace with others. It's not always easy, but I definitely see the value. It's good to be back - have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home